Thursday, November 15, 2012

This is it!

The day finally comes. It was on May 20th, 8 in the evening when we went to the hospital for Internal Examination. 1cm and the resident doctor advise us to just go home but my mom did not agree, so we stayed in the hospital and I to the labor room. It's only me and the clock in the room, as it moves, my mind jumps over a thousand miles as well. They let me sleep for awhile . I woke up at 2am because of pain. Pain is all over me and I reached out to the doctor who sleeps beside my bed. It's like a surprise party, As I woke up the place was so quite  and then in just a matter of seconds everybody is alive. Everybody is busy, everybody is preparing everything. I can see them as they roam the place to get these and that. 

My doctor arrived and told me we need to get your baby as soon as we can, just stay calm we will proceed to the C-section. As I'm in pain, I simply smiled and nodded her. They ran me to the emergency room for the operation, I'm half dead, can't feel my body anymore due to the anesthesia but a few minutes later, just a few minutes later it was 5:19 am May 21, 2012, my world stops as I heard her cry. I wanted to join her cry and my tears simply rolled from my eyes as the doctor carried her to me and kissed her forehead. I wanted to carry her but C-section is very different from normal delivery. Her face is the last thing that I can remember and I fall asleep. 

9am the nurse woke me up and check all my vital signs. Everything is normal and so they transferred me from the recovery room to my room. I burst to tears upon seeing my family and my mom hugged me tight and whispers good job, the more I cried because of those words. I thought my pain stops right there but soon enough as they gave me pain killers, my eyelids started to swell and can hardly breath. We didn't know that I had 'NSAID allergies', only this time but everything turns normal a few hours later.

As the day reached to sunset, I'm still wondering where is my baby and why she's not in my room yet. Then they let me know that my baby is under observation due to meconium stained liquor. Meconium is a dark green liquid normally passed by the newborn baby, containing mucus, bile and epithelial cells which can poison the baby if taken. I feel terrible, at a young age she was shot with antibiotics already but I know my baby is strong enough. This is the main reason why I'm in C-section. After 3 days, everything is ready and everybody is excited to bring her home. Unfortunately, another complication was discovered. ABO incompatibility which will lead to "Jaundice". Without further ado, my baby stayed 1week in the hospital to complete her medication. Thanks to God, no more complication since then. 

My baby Althea Riley the day I finally met her upclose and personal.

 Althea Riley at 5 days old. The day she finally came home with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment